Crock Cooker “Spaghetti” & Meatballs
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 spaghetti squash halved horizontally and seeds removed, 3-lb.
- 2 pounds Italian sausage
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Pour the tomato sauce into a large crock cooker. Add next 7 ingredients (garlic through coconut oil); stir to blend well. Next, place the two halves of spaghetti squash, cut-sides down, in the crock cooker. Roll the sausage into 1-inch meatballs and arrange them around the squash in the crock cooker, ensuring they are covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. When ready to serve, remove spaghetti squash from crock cooker and shred with two forks. Arrange squash on dinner plates; top with meatballs and sauce then garnish with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!