Crispy Almond Chicken Tenders with Broccoli Stir-fry
- 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large baking dish, combine first 4 ingredients (almond meal through cayenne pepper). In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip each chicken strip first into the egg mixture and then into the almond meal mixture, coating evenly. Spread chicken strips in a single layer on the baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion and cauliflower; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is caramelized and cauliflower is slightly tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste then add broccoli; reduce heat to low then cover and cook for 5 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp.
- Serve chicken strips over broccoli stir fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabagas mashed with ghee, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. NUTRITION: 425 Calories; 16g Fat (34.3% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 205mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!