- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a crock cooker, place all the ingredients and stir. Cover the mixture with the lid and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste, then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 314 Calories; 8g Fat; 33g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 616mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!