Coconut Mushroom Meatballs and Cauli Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets steamed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through garlic). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Pour the coconut milk and mushrooms over the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and mushrooms are tender, and then sprinkle in the basil. Serve warm over the cauli rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!