Coconut Citrus Chicken with Wilted Kale Salad
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large orange juiced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 8 cups baby kale wilted
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- In a shallow bowl, add coconut milk. In a separate bowl, add thenext 7 ingredients (coconut flour through onion powder) and stir to combine. Coat each chickentender with coconut milk, and then dredge in the coconut mixture, covering each piece well. Setaside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. Place the coated chicken on one side and cook for 10 to12 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken iscooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together olive oil, lime juice, kale, onion and sea salt and pepper totaste, coating kale well.
- Serve chicken over kale salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!