Coconut and Sage Seared Scallops with Spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 pound large wild caught sea scallops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium shallots sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add in the sage and cook until it starts to brown. Season the scallops with salt and pepper to taste and place in the skillet.
- Cook the scallops for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they have a nice golden crust and are cooked through.
- Add in the shallots, broth and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the shallots soften. Stir in the spinach and garlic and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!