Citrus and Beef Chopped Taco Bowls
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small orange zested and juiced
- 1 medium lime zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- To a large skillet add the first 5 ingredients (garlic through beef). Cook over medium heat until beef is brown and cooked through, breaking up with a spoon, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and add the next 4 ingredients (cumin through cilantro).
- In a large bowl layer the spinach, avocado and lemon juice. Add the ground beef mixture on top and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!