Citrus and Basil Chicken with Sautéed Apples
- 4 tablespoons ghee divided
- 1 medium orange juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 large green apple chopped
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower or use prepared cauli rice
- 4 cups fresh greens
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons melted ghee, orange juice and zest, garlic, cumin, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes each side until seared and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan. Place the apples and cauliflower in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until apples are tender. Serve chicken with apples and fresh greens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!