Cilantro Meatballs over Kale
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup bone broth
- 6 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through cilantro). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Pour the broth over the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, toss in the kale and wilt.
- Serve warm over the onions and drizzled with the oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!