Chopped Steak and Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 medium beef steaks sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium lemons juiced, divided
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. To the skillet, add onion, garlic and steak and cook until the onion has softened and steak is cooked to medium.
- Season steak with the next 3 ingredients (salt and pepper through cumin). Pour half of the lemon juice over the steak mixture then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the next 4 ingredients (kale through cilantro), and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients with the remaining lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over the salad, top with the steak mixture, toss and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!