Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal through the salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a crock cooker, place the cabbage in a single layer in the bottom. Scoop the ground chicken mixture into medium sized meatballs and place them on top of the cabbage.
- Pour over the tomato sauce and cover. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!