Chicken “Tortilla-less” Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup cauliflower florets chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the next 7 ingredients (chicken broth through mushrooms) and stir. Cover soup and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Using a large soup-spoon, spoon soup into bowls and top with cilantro and avocado. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!