Chicken Salad with Garlic-Basil Dressing
- 6 cups chopped kale (or use baby kale)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with the olive oil and lemon juice until tender.
- Add in the red onion through chicken and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, (season with salt and pepper to taste), and then pour over the salad, toss and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!