- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into strips
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and cut into strips
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over high heat; add garlic and chicken; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Add lime juice, spices, red onion and red
- bell pepper; reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat
- and cover to keep warm.
- Roll hot chicken mixture in Romaine leaves (in lieu of tortillas), garnish as desired and enjoy – these
- are really delicious!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A salad of mixed baby greens tossed with sliced strawberries and your choice of dressing (watch carb count). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on warmed whole wheat flour tortillas instead of Romaine lettuce leaves. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 345 Calories; 14g Fat; 47g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 156mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!