Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic until soft. Cook the next 7 ingredients (chicken through salt and pepper) until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the onion and pepper and cook until soft. Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the greens and chicken mixture. Top the salad with the salsa and sour cream and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on it’s own! GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. NUTRITION: 415 Calories; 13g Fat; 58g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 144mg Cholesterol; 476mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!