Chicken Curry Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the pot, add the onion, leek, garlic, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. To the pot, add the remaining ingredients (chicken through parsley) and stir well. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: 287 Calories; 8g Fat (26.4% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 603mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!