Chicken Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the chicken and cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the pot, add the remaining 6 ingredients (chicken broth through salt and pepper) and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 366 Calories; 5g Fat; 65g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 782mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!