Chicken Carrot Wraps with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package coconut pure wraps or use large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Do ahead tip: Marinate the chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour To a large bowl, add first 5 ingredients (broth through garlic) and mix well. Add chicken and coat with the marinade. Cover bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill marinated chicken for 10 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill; chop and set aside.
- Layer chicken, carrot and tomatoes on wraps.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle sauce over tomatoes, fold wraps and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!