Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Veggies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. To the skillet, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms and kale are tender.
- Serve burgers on top of mushroom mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!