Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large pork chops about 1/2" thick or more
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for at least 12 hours.
- To prepare marinade: In a blender container, place all ingredients, except pork; cover and blend until smooth.
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add marinade, seal bag and turn several times to coat. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours but not longer than 24 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. Grill/broil chops about 7 inches from heat source till browned, turning once. Cook through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Creamed spinach and a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 283 Calories; 8g Total Fat; 22g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!