- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 andouille sausages cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 small carrots chopped
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sear sausages 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add sausages and next 10 ingredients (onion through pepper) and cook on low for 7 hours 30 minutes, add shrimp and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!