Black Bean Shallot Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds black beans cooked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- 2 medium avocados sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook black beans.In a medium bowl, mash together the beans, mustard, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper, lemon juice and bread crumbs. Form the mixture into patties and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until a nice crust forms on both sides.
- Serve the burgers on the buns, topped with some avocado and arugula.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries. (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder.) VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bread crumbs and hamburger buns are gluten free. NUTRITION: 303 Calories; 15g Fat (43.9% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 40mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!