Barbecue Chicken Tacos
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 5 small cloves garlic halved
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce your favorite
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large leaves butter lettuce or use green leaf lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 large lime cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large crock cooker, place chicken, onion and garlic.
- In a medium bowl whisk broth, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Chicken is done when it is "falling apart" fork tender. Remove chicken from crock cooker and place on a large cutting board or plate.
- Allow the chicken to cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to crock cooker.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve the shredded chicken on lettuce leaves, topped with avocado, squeeze of lime and some cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!