Balsamic and Cilantro Chicken
- 12 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large crock cooker, place the first 8 ingredients (chicken through lemon juice). Stir the mixture and then cover with the lid. Cook the chicken mixture on LOW for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a sprinkle of the cheese and parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and sauteed zucchini. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 262 Calories; 6g Fat (76.1% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 64mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!