Avocado Shrimp Cups
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound wild caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale ribs removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a large skillet, melt ghee over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and onion, and cook, until the shrimp is pink; remove from skillet. In the same skillet with the remaining ghee, add kale and bell peppers; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add shrimp back to skillet.
- Sprinkle in next 5 ingredients (cumin through salt/pepper). Add olives, and cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and set aside. To serve, scoop the shrimp mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with sliced avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!