Asian Cilantro Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato sliced
- To a large bowl, add the first 9 ingredients (pork through the salt and pepper to taste). Form the mixture into 4 equal patties and set aside.
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill the burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and place each patty on a piece of lettuce. Top with the onion through the tomato and then place the remaining lettuce leaves on top. Serve right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!