Almond Pesto Flank Steak
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño depending on heat tolerance
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed of fat
- sprigs cilantro optional
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- To make pesto: Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until finely chopped; add yogurt and lime juice; process until smooth.
- Grill/broil steak until cooked to your desired level of doneness; allow it to rest on your cutting board for about 10 minutes to redistribute the juices, then cut diagonally (across the grain) into 1/4-inch slices. Serve steak with pesto sauce on the side. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 236 Calories; 14g Fat; 24g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 156mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 ½ Lean Meat; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!