Almond Crusted Pork
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup baby carrots
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, salt and pepper and paprika. Coat the pork in the mixture on all sides and then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the pork on each side for 3-4 minutes per side. Pour over the broth and rosemary. Toss in the onion and carrots and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the carrots are cooked al dente. Remove from the heat and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure almond flour and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 297 Calories; 19g Fat (57.1% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!