Warm Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large shallot minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until dark brown and very crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove from skillet to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, shallot, salt and pepper; stir-fry for 10 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, broccoli and avocados. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice and olive oil; drizzle over bacon mixture and toss to blend well. Serve over a bed of spinach.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 828 Calories; 43g Fat; 21g Protein; 98g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 951mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat; 19 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!