Turkey Broccoli Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound turkey breast cubed
- 3 cups broccoli slaw shredded
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup apple chopped
- 1/4 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 small shallot minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey and cook for 15 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Allow turkey to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the turkey and the next 3 ingredients (broccoli through apple).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 312 Calories; 14g Fat (40.6% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!