Tangy Mustard Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 large carrot peeled and shredded
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (mustard through salt and pepper). In a large baking dish, place chicken; pour sauce over the top and turn to coat evenly. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Uncover and allow chicken to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients (red onion through cabbage).
- Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken and serve over the cabbage salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 291 Calories; 3g Fat; 54g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!