Sweet Potato Herb Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients (beef through salt and pepper). Form meat into balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until brown. To the skillet, add the kale.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and kale and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 597 Calories; 40g Fat (59.4% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!