Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms or use regular mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients (shallot through honey). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat ghee over medium-high heat. In the pan, sauté chicken for 3 minutes, then remove from pan and set aside.
- In the pan, sauté garlic and mushrooms 3 minutes, then return chicken to the pan. To the pan, add the broccoli. Pour contents of bowl into the pan and stir.
- Over medium heat, simmer chicken and vegetables 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender. The broccoli should be hot and the liquid coating the chicken and vegetables.
- On individual plates, place chicken and vegetables and garnish with scallions, then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!