Swedish Meatballs with Asparagus
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound asparagus spears blanched
- In a large bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients (ground beef through cloves).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked ingredients to the meat mixture and mix to combine. Form mixture into meatballs and place on lined baking sheet.
- In the heated skillet, add remaining oil and add meatballs in batches and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, continuously rotating each ball, until they are browned and cooked throughout.
- Remove, set aside and keep warm until all the meatballs are cooked. Serve warm alongside the asparagus.
Only for Keto Cuisine Serving Suggestion: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; season with salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!