Spicy Lime Salmon
- 3 large limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 small onion peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 wild salmon filets 6 ounce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate Salmon 3-4 hours or overnight.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except salmon and coconut oil. Blend until smooth. Place salmon in a large zipper topped plastic bag and pour mixture over the top, be sure to fully saturate all sides of salmon filets.
- Seal bag and place it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- At time of cooking, remove salmon from refrigerator and marinade. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Sear salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through (should flake easily with a fork).
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 377 Calories; 20g Fat; 38g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 952mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!