Spicy Chicken and Cabbage Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic until the chicken is cooked through. Add in the remaining ingredients (cilantro through soy sauce) and cook until the cabbage is tender. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the mustard and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 246 Calories; 12g Fat; 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 272mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!