Spicy Asian Mushroom and Beef Cups
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small sweet onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Next, add mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add lean ground beef; cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Finally, add next 6 ingredients (carrots through black pepper); blend well.
- Serve beef mixture in lettuce cups.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 323 Calories; 23g Fat; 22g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!