Spiced Pork Chops with Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 8-oz. bone-in pork chops
- 2 large parsnips peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (cumin through garlic powder); sprinkle mixture evenly on both sides of pork chops.
- In a large bowl, place parsnips, sweet potatoes and carrots. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste then toss to combine well. Transfer vegetables to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender and starting to brown, stirring once or twice during roasting time.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook for 3 minutes per side or until a brown crust is formed on each side. Remove vegetables from the oven and place the pork chops directly on top of vegetables in the baking dish.
- Return to the oven and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 145 degrees and vegetables are fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 681 Calories; 41g Fat: 33g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 582mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!