Spiced Lamb Steaks
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large lamb steaks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine garlic and seasonings (crushed red pepper flakes through black pepper); sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of lamb steaks and rub well into the meat.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large grill pan over high heat. Add lamb steaks; sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 2 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabagas mashed with grass fed butter, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. Add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 237 Calories; 14g Fat; 25g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 127mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!