Slow Cooked Italian Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound turkey sausages casings removed
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 lage egg lightly beaten
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place first 5 ingredients (lean ground beef through egg) in a large bowl.
- Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into golf ball sized meatballs; place them in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (tomatoes through black pepper); pour mixture over meatballs and gently stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until meatballs are forktender and sauce has thickened.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve meatballs and sauce over Zucchini Pasta: Julienne or cut zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in olive oil over medium heat until slightly limp. Add a big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 465 Calories; 25g Fat; 45g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 218mg Cholesterol; 783mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!