Slow Cook Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Rice
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- To a large resalable bag, add the arrowroot powder, salt and pepper and chicken. Seal bag and squeeze out excess air. Turn bag over a few times to coat chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and brown on all sides for 5 minutes.
- To a large crock cooker, add the chicken, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and the next 6 ingredients (coconut aminos through ginger). Stir, cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until it reaches a rice-like consistency. To the crock cooker, place the cauliflower and cover. Cook for an additional 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 373 Calories; 13g Fat; 45g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 191mg Cholesterol; 216mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!