Shrimp and Eggplant Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 small shallots minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound large white button mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic and shallots until soft. Add in the shrimp, salt and pepper, eggplant and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip the shrimp over. Add in the remaining ingredients (cabbage through thyme) and continue to cook for 4-6 minutes more. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 240 Calories; 9g Fat; 27g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 663mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!