Shallot Glazed Lamb Chops
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 medium shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 to 12 medium lamb chops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat ghee over medium high heat. Once melted, add shallots and garlic. Stir for about 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes very fragrant, then turn heat down to medium low. Slowly add in the broth, as soon as it boils, turn down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After mixture simmers, remove from heat and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Then pour it into a food processor and add vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Place lamb chops in a baking pan and pour mixture over the top. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes for a nice pink center or until cooked to your preferred doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with steamed cauliflower. NUTRITION: 499 Calories; 39g Fat; 27g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 97mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!