Seared Scallops with Spinach Parsnip Mash
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium parsnips chopped
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 large diver scallops rinsed and dried
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium-size pot over high heat, add water and parsnips, cover and bring to a boil for 3 minutes, or until slightly softened. Drain water and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add parsnips, spinach, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and salt and pepper and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Add scallops and sear on each side for about 3 minutes, until the outside is golden brown and the inside is cooked through. Serve warm drizzled with fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper alongside spinach parsnip mash.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne's basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 339 Calories; 15g Fat (37.3% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 127mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!