Sausage and Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Italian sausage sliced
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 1 large head broccoli chopped
- 1 28-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until cooked through. Add in the pumpkin and garlic and cook until slightly softened. Stir in the remaining ingredients (chicken broth through stewed tomatoes) and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and stewed tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 499 Calories; 34g Fat; 29g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 1314mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!