Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 large roasted red peppers sliced
- Wooden toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9-x 13-inch baking dish with coconut oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, place almond flour/meal. Next, layer basil leaves and sliced roasted red peppers evenly on each chicken fillet then gently roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge each piece of chicken first in egg and then in almond flour/meal; place them on prepared baking dish, seam sides down. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on the outside and juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 512 Calories; 15g Fat; 73g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 190mg Cholesterol; 225mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 9 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!