Roast Pork with Apple Relish
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups diced green apples with skin
- 2 medium shallots minced
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups steamed broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the next 5 ingredients (cider vinegar through mustard). Process until smooth.
- On a baking sheet, place pork, With a pastry brush, coat pork with garlic and mustard mixture. In the oven, roast pork for 40 minutes or until fully cooked. On a cutting board place pork. Rest pork 5 minutes before serving, then slice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat ghee over medium heat. In the pot, sauté apples, shallots, and pepper for 3 minutes. To the pot add the honey, vinegar and rosemary. Over low heat, simmer apples until liquid has evaporated and apples and peppers are tender 12 to 15 minutes. Season relish to taste with salt and pepper.
- On individual plates, place pork. Place broccoli alongside pork. Spoon apple relish over pork and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli with butter and salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!