Rib-eye Steaks with Mushrooms
- 6 beef rib-eye steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 2 cups white button mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine or use apple cider
- Place steaks on a baking sheet; sprinkle with salt, pepper and 3 cloves of minced garlic. Set aside to marinate at room temperature while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes. Add shallots, remaining 2 cloves of minced garlic, the parsley and the white wine; saute for 2 minutes.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Grill steaks for 5 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Serve steaks with mushrooms.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Idaho potatoes topped with butter, sour cream and chopped green onions. Add steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Instead of steaks and white button mushrooms, use sliced portabella mushrooms and proceed with recipe directions (second paragraph). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or cider) is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 522 Calories; 43g Fat; 29g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!