Pulled Pork and Roasted Vegetables
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 baby turnips stemmed and chopped
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- On a large cutting board, pat pork roast dry, then with a small knife cut small slits in the roast. Press one piece of garlic into each slit. Liberally season roast with salt and pepper.
- In crock cooker, place prepared roast, cover and cook on to LOW undisturbed for 8 hours.
- In crock cooker, after 8 hours, add turnips to the roast touching on the bottom of the crock cooker.
- Continue cooking on LOW for 30 more minutes. Then, place broccoli and onions on top of the roast and continue cooking on LOW for another 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green and tender and onions have softened slightly.
- Shred roast with two forks to desired consistency and serve warm alongside vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne's basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 492 Calories; 22g Fat (39.6% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 388mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!