Portabella Mushrooms with Coconut Milk Sauce
- 6 medium Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 green chilis de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or use chicken broth)
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk stirred
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (optional)
- 6 cups steamed rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub the mushrooms with the oil and salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms in the skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, or until cooked to the desired doneness. Add in the chiles, lime juice, wine, coconut milk and onions. Cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes and then serve over the rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: If not using white wine, replace with low sodium vegetable broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine (or chicken broth) and rice are gluten free. NUTRITION: 514 Calories; 4g Fat; 12g Protein; 106g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 21mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!